The 8 Mt Kenya counties where William Ruto is leading include; Embu, Kirinyaga, Laikipia, Nyeri, Murang’a, Kiambu, Nyandarua and Nakuru counties, according to the poll by Radio Africa Group.
The results found that Wiper Party leader Kalnzo Musyoka is also very unpopular in the 8 Mt Kenya Counties.
Only 0.3 percent of the sample population said they would vote for Kalonzo if the elections are held today.
4 other presidential candidates were ranked as follows;
- Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua on 3.8 percent;
- ANC party leader Musalia Mudavadi on 2.6;
- KANU party leader Gideon Moi on 1.2; and
- Makueni Governor Kivutha Kibwana on 0.5.
Other than Raila Odinga ranking low, his ODM party was also found to be less popular compared to William Ruto’s UDA.
While UDA has 37 percent support, ODM Party trails behind with only 4 percent of Mt Kenya residents supporting it.
Ruto’s support was found to be stronger among youth aged between 18 and 34 ( 61.9 percent).
Most of William Ruto’s supporters are in Embu, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nyandarua and Nyeri counties.
The research showed that Raila Odinga is more famous amongst older people aged between 45-55 years and not the youth.
From the findings on the poll, Narc Kenya party leader Martha Karua also stood out as the most preferred deputy president at 7.9 percent.
The other Mt Kenya leaders ranked as follows;
- Former Agriculture CS Mwangi Kiunjuri at 7.9 percent
- Murang’a Governor Mwangi wa Iria at 7.6 percent.
- Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru at 7.5 percent
- Mathira MP Rigathi Gachagua at 7.2 percent
- Peter Kenneth at 6.4 percent
- Speaker Justin Muturi at 6.0 percent
- Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria at 5.2 percent and
- Health CS Mutahi Kagwe at 4.1 percent.