The ruling party Jubilee has dismissed allegations that its vice-chairman David Murathe has resigned.
In a statement to newsrooms released on Wednesday, May 26, Jubilee communication director Albert Memusi termed the reports of Murathe resignation as false.
“It has come to our attention that there are reports circulating on social media alleging that the Jubilee Party Vice Chair David Murathe has resigned,
“We would like to clarify that such reports are false. Murathe remain our able vice chair and continues to carry his mandate as provided for in the party constitution,” Memusi said.
Memusi further urged all Jubilee supporters to treat any document, reports or communication purporting to convey his resignation with the contempt they deserve.
“Any official communication about changes in the Jubilee party leadership will be communicated through the official party organs as is the norm and as articulated in the Jubilee party constitution,” he said.
This comes at a time when reports suggest that the top leadership of the Jubilee party cis weak, especially after the party lost in all three just concluded by-elections.
Kivumbi.co.ke understands that Jubilee party leader President Uhuru Kenyatta last week read a riot act to Murathe and party Secretary General Raphael Tuju over poor performance in the mini-polls mainly those held in his Mt. Kenya region.
“He was unhappy and blamed Murathe, Tuju, his advisers, and government administrators for the loss, telling them that he never wanted to see them in the next coming days,” a source familiar with the meeting was quoted a day after Bonchari, Juja and Rutii ward by elections.
Last week, a section of Jubilee leaders including governors and Members of Parliament demanded immediate changes in Jubilee management ahead of next years’ General Election.