Governor Anne Mumbi Waiguru is celebrating her 50th birthday today. She made her Jubilee a special one by sharing some of the life lessons learned in the half-decade she has lived.
At 50, governor Waiguru has proved to be a beacon of hope for women in leadership, government, and the general political space.
She has risen to high ranks in government, being a Devolution Minister from 2013-2015.
Although her glory days at the ministry did not last long, she resurfaced again in 2017 elections.
This time the Kirinyaga County boss made history by being among the first females in Kenya to be elected as a governor.
The mother of three shared shared her 5 life secrets with Kenyans as follows;
- Have an Anchor! Mine is God. Life will throw you twists and turns and in those moments of turbulence the anchor holds!
- Build a strong support system! Family and friends who stay true and remind you of what life is truly about are invaluable. They will keep you grounded.
- Live laugh & love! Try new things often. Some of my most enjoyable moments have been driving across this country stopping at Nyama joints, chats with ordinary Kenyans all this in great company! My husband & I have driven to 37 counties We hope to cover the remaining 10 soonest
- Think generational impact. Make your footprint extremely clear where you are for two reasons; One for legacy and two, so that those who come after you never have to guess where to step.
- A special one for the women and young girls out there; we have lesser excuses and greater opportunities than those before us to make our voices heard! Let’s make them and future generations proud!
In July 2019, governor Waiguru tied the knot with her lover, Lawyer Kamotho Waiganjo in a traditional wedding at Kirinyaga County.
The two, who will soon be celebrating their second anniversary have proven that a blended family works.
Anne Mumbi had 3 sons with her ex-husband, Tony Waiguru while on the other hand, Kamotho also has 3 children from his previous marriage to Lorna Seneiya.