There are bound to be casualties as Musalia Mudavadi, Kalonzo Musyoka, and Moses Wetangula plot to exit the National Super Alliance, NASA.
The NASA fallout is bound to affect at least 10 MPs who are holding positions in parliament courtesy of the 2017 coalition between the trio and Raila Odinga.
Other than casualties from ANC, FORD Kenya, and Wiper, Gideon Moi’s KANU might also be affected as it is required to ditch its agreement with Jubilee to fully commit to One Kenya Alliance (OKA).
The leaders whose jobs are at risk upon their parties exiting NASA are;
1. Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo Junior- He is the Senate Minority leader and a member of the Wiper Party.
2. Kathiani MP Robert Mbui – He is the National Assembly Deputy minority leader and a member of the Wiper Party
3. Kibwezi East MP Jessica Mbalu- She is the Public Accounts Committee Vice-chair and a member of the Wiper Party.
4. Kitui Senator Enoch Wambua- Senate Agriculture Committee Vice-Chair and a member of Wiper Party.
5. Nominated Senator Sylvia Kasanga – Senate Transport Committee Vice-Chair and member of Wiper Party.
6. Tongaren MP Eseli Simiyu- He is the National Assembly Deputy Minority Whip and member of the FORD Kenya Party.
7. Vihiga Senator George Khaniri – Parliamentary Service Commission member and belongs to ANC Party.
8. West Pokot Senator Samuel Poghisio- He is the Senate Majority Leader and a member of the KANU party.
9. Tiaty MP William Kamket- National Assembly Committee on Delegated Legislation chairman and a member of the KANU party.
10. Baringo Senator Gideon Moi- Senate Information, Communication and Technology Committee chair, and KANU Party leader.
According to an ODM official, ANC, FORD Kenya and Wiper should be prepared for the repercussions of exiting NASA.
“Should it be dissolved, courtesy of the withdrawal of the three parties, ODM being the larger opposition party will have no reason but to take up those seats,” the official told Daily Nation.
Musalia Mudavadi’s ANC and Moses Wetangula’s Ford Kenya have already made a decision to quit NASA.
On the other hand, Wiper’s Kalonzo Musyoka has not yet made a decision on whether to work with ODM or not.