Gospel maestro Reuben Kigame has strongly protested against the last-minute cancellation of his presidential bid launch by police officers.
Talking to his Twitter on Wednesday, July 7, the presidential hopeful said police told him that the government has banned all social gatherings, something he termed as a mockery of freedom since political rallies were still going on countrywide.
“The physical gathering for my presidential bid launch has been canceled. The police have informed us that there should be no physical gatherings today,
“What a mockery of freedom launched on this day 31 years ago (saba Saba day)! Stay put for the next communication,” he said.
The Huniachi hitmaker however promised his supporters countrywide that he will launch his presidential bid today whether police like it or not.
“It will still happen today,” he went on.
Earlier on, the Pan-Africanist declared that he will vie for the top seat as an independent candidate in the 2022 General Election.
“Why do I want to be Kenya’s next President? Because Kenya, like a bus full of 50 million people and is being driven into the ocean and all the drivers on offer are unwilling to stop and turn around. I can clearly see the coming crash and can hear passengers screaming,” he said.
Known for his political activism, while highlighting his frustrations towards the government, Reuben Kigame warned that any politician should not be allowed not only to speak but also to attend his burial ceremony.
“I wish to go public about something and I want this marked well: if you one day hear musician Reuben Kigame is dead, do not allow any government representative or those from the so-called copyright societies to speak at my funeral service. What I have been through under them is enough,” Kigame said in one of his series of Tweets.