The entire process was not simple as aspirants were expected to meet several stringent conditions for them to be cleared.
Every presidential hopeful was expected to provide 2000 signatures of supporters from at least 24 counties.
The requirement that for one to be allowed to contest in a presidential election he/she must have a degree certificate from a recognized university was among the conditions that IEBC strictly looked at.
After the end, of the exercise, only four candidates fulfilled all the requirements set out by the electoral commission.
“The candidates met the requisite constitutional and statutory requirement and were therefore successful in their bid to contest,” Chebukati said on the four.
But as IEBC cleared the four, 13 shortlisted aspirants failed to meet the conditions and hence they were kicked out of the August polls.
Kivumbi.co.ke looks at the list of the presidential hopefuls kicked out of the August t race.
- Eliud Muthiora Kariara (Independent)
- Dorothy Kemunto (Independent)
3. Ekuru Aukot (Thirdway Alliance)
4. Gibson Ngaruiya Nganga (Independent)
5. George Munyottah (Independent)
6. Jeremiah Nyagah (Independent)
7. James Kamau (Independent)
8. Jimi Wanjigi (Safina Party)
9. June Juliet Munyeki (Independent)
10. Justus Juma (Justice and Freedom party)
11. Peter Mumbiko King’ori (Independent)
12. Njeru Kathangu (Ford Asili)
13. Walter Mong’are(Umoja Summit party)